My civic priorities are those that have the greatest impact on the residents of Burlingame, those that ensure the character of our community is maintained, those that ensure we have vibrant and successful downtowns, and those that will ensure our City’s finances stay strong regardless of broader economic conditions.
Plan for a Sustainable Future
- Ensure the community’s voice is heard in planning with Caltrain for electrification and Broadway Grade Separation
- Expand the shuttle service, to give youth and seniors better transportation options
- Develop strategies to address the changing environmental realities
- Increase and diversify revenue sources to ensure the city’s long-term fiscal strength
Transportation and Safety
- Improve roadway and sidewalk safety and congestion for cars, pedestrians and cyclists.
- Increase police resources with a focus on enhancing quality of life for all residents.
Make Burlingame an Even Better Place to Live
- Evaluate options for utilizing state land on Bayshore for sports fields and community access
- Develop funding strategies to address capital improvement needs
- Address housing affordability and retain socio-economic diversity
- Consider downtown projects that bring increased parking options, attainable housing, and public open space