I have decided to run again for a term on City Council to continue the work I have already started. During my time on the Council I have:
- Collaborated with my fellow Council Members and staff to establish priorities around sustainability, infrastructure, transportation, and housing
- Supported efforts to secure improvements for the Bayfront, Broadway and Burlingame Ave.
- Collaborated with Council, staff, and the community to adopt balanced budgets with fiscal discipline.
I am grateful for having had the opportunity to serve you this year, and look forward to the work ahead.
The past several years have been full of successes for our residents, even while we face difficult conversations around future financial demands and growth. I look forward to another term to see to fruition the implementing of our plans, enhancing city services, beautifying our downtowns, and increasing our budget reserves.
Burlingame is a charming and wonderful place to live, work and raise a family. As a 40-year resident and mother of two, I’m deeply committed to Burlingame, its schools, its residents, and business owners.
During my terms as Council Member and Mayor, I have prioritized our citizens’ ideas and concerns while maintaining fiscal discipline. I have:
- addressed overdue infrastructure needs by setting up long-term reserve accounts and developing plans to address our deferred maintenance
- worked to beautify both Broadway and Burlingame Avenue by supporting updating lighting, tree plantings, and street cleaning programs
- successfully managed the public process to update or General Plan for zoning in a way that encourages smart growth and keeps our small town character
- established healthy general fund reserves and made plans to address future financial needs
- advocated for and will continue to push for Caltrain electrification, opening of the Broadway train station, and grade-separation for the Broadway intersection
- engaged with an Economic Development Specialist to assist the City’s business and development climate to provide revenues to support quality services for our residents
I continue to lead a Downtown Clean-up Committee consisting entirely of volunteers and I assist the Chamber of Commerce in conducting concierge hotel tours to promote local businesses.
With your support, I will continue to work to ensure our city will provide excellent quality services, protect our local interests and concerns while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
I would be honored to continue serving our treasured community.